We ventured out this weekend to the International Children's Festival, an annual event featuring all sorts of fun games for kids, including bouncy castles, face painting, crafts and live entertainment. There's even an army tank you can tour and "Little Obie" the miniature train that takes kids on a ride around the festival.
I spent all day Saturday at a scrapbooking retreat with a girlfriend. Scrapbooking was Dayven's mom, Karen's favorite hobby and it was something we always did together. I'm not sure it's my favorite hobby since I seem to be falling a bit behind without her here to help me anymore. It was fun to sit and visit with some friends and get my book all caught up. I find it a bit overwhelming to pull all the supplies out and work on it at home. It makes a huge mess and drives Dayven nuts so once I finish this book, I think I'll go digital. I'm much more of a computer person anyway.
The weather has been just gorgeous here and we are soaking up every second of it. We eat all three meals outside and we take walks to the park almost every day. We spend the rest of our day playing in the yard - me puttering around and watering flowers, Wyatt filling the fountain with rocks and sticks and carrying scrap pieces of wood back and forth from the wood pile to his playhouse, Finley chasing us around with his toys in the vain hope that someone will play fetch with him. I miss being able to go for bike rides, but it's just too much to maneuver, let alone pull Wyatt in the bike trailer. For now, we're just enjoying our walks and Finley likes that he gets to join us.

2 comments:
Karen wanted so much for me to get into scrapbooking. I've not put a picture in an album since 1978 so you know what a job I'd have. Karen tried her best to talk me into it. I'm with you, digital is so easy and you can send them here and there. I will admit Karen did such a wonderful job of scrapbooking her books will be heirlooms someday hopefully.
I am so far behind too Chels! In fact, I just ordered over 200pictures of the kids for their albums that I have taken over the past year. I am too lazy to scrapbook, so they are only going in albums, but still...it is time-consuming.
Post a Comment