Monday, February 09, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things

The cold weather and snow are back, but I refuse to let the Winter doldrums get me down. These are the things that make me happy everyday...

Heading across the street to my friend Andrea's house for lattes on a cold winter morning.

Playing matchbox cars with Wyatt. (Ok, so I was actually sitting on the sofa reading my book while he played on the coffee table, but I like to add the occasional "wow, cool!" or "vrrrroooooomm. beep! beep!" to keep up the illusion that I'm part of the game).

Meeting Dayven for lunch at the small "mom and pop" Italian restaurant near his office that makes homemade pasta and sauce.

Watching Wyatt concentrate with fierce intensity as he organizes and identifies every one of his Thomas trains.

Curling up on the couch with Dayven to watch back-to-back Entourage episodes on Tivo.

Hot soup bubbling in the crock pot, which means I don't have to prepare dinner later.

A daddy who takes Wyatt swimming on Saturday so I can have the morning to myself.

Banana pancakes and French press coffee in our PJs on a Sunday morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can tell you are taking this winter up in the cold north much better than you did last year!!We were to get snow tonight but just about an inch. We don't stop often enough to think of all the things that make us happy.

ebbandflow said...

I can't show Thomas this blog, he would want to go to Wyatt's house to play trains! I don't know how I could explain to a 2 year old how far away Canada is. That is an awesome train set. P.S. I got caught out with the motorbike comment - hmmmm, have to think of a new ploy!