Thursday, December 18, 2008

Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus...

Christmas came a little early around our house. After countless viruses, a rebuilt hard drive and overall sluggish system, we jumped the PC ship and crossed over to the dark side...the world of Apple. We purchased a new iMac with all the bells and whistles. I must say, it's quite fancy. Sure, it takes some getting used to - the keyboard shortcuts are all different, the "windows" have different functionality and the software isn't the same, but I'm starting to slowly get the hang of it, save for a few emergency calls to my personal tech support line (my Mac-savvy cousin). It has some slick programs too and once I receive my pirated software (hope the Feds aren't reading this), I'll be in business! Wyatt is drawn to it like a magnet and can't keep his slimy paws off of it. I always catch him in here banging away on the keyboard or staring at the screen from 1 inch away. Maybe it's the 20" glossy wide screen display he finds so irresistable......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

the new computer sounds great. Especially the monitor. Billy is wanting a monitor like that. I have Vista on mine and so does Billy but both programs are different. Mine is easy his is hard. Enjoy Florida, you'll dread coming back to fridgid weather when the holidays are over.

Joe & Veronica said...

Welcome fellow Mac user. Enjoy!