We're getting back into the swing of things around here and December has crept up on us quickly. We've been busy Christmas shopping and preparing for the holidays, getting together with friends, hitting the gym (after quite a long break), just getting back to life. It feels good to get back into a routine.
We finally got our first snow this week and it seems it's going to be sticking around. I was probably in denial and all this talk of a "mild fall" got my hopes up for a "mild winter". Time will tell...
We skipped the turkey feast this year. Canadian Thanksgiving was in October so it really isn't a big deal here anyway. The holiday parties are already beginning. We had one this week and a couple more next week. It's hard to believe there are only 3 more weeks until Christmas. We braved the crowds at the mall today and contemplated taking Wyatt to see Santa, but took one look at the never-ending line of snotty-nosed, crying kids that snaked it's way around the pavillion and decided we'd keep moving. Maybe we'll try again during the week.
We're looking forward to our trip to Florida for the holidays. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around packing flip flops when we're wearing tukes and snow boots here. I'm counting down the days... 


2 comments:
Finally, I thought you'd given up on blogging. I looked everyday. I do know you did need a rest!!I hated it when Billy worked nights and grew his winter beard but he said how much warmer he stayed. Also everyone in France had a scarf around their neck, both men and women and I tried it and it really does keep you much warmer, amazing. My grand daughter that has the 1 yr. old Corgi is now getting another Corgi that is 8 wks. old. She gets it this Friday.It is a male and she has named it Dodger. The other one is Zeus. Have fun in Florida.
We got your Xmas card today...#18 must have been the winner, huh? Cute photo of everyone...Wyatt is such a little man now.
Post a Comment