
'Tis the season for parties and we're doing our best to celebrate. Last night we had the annual Cat Christmas party. Since we all live in the same part of town (and most of us in the same neighborhood), we have a party bus pick us up so everyone can imbibe without worrying about who will drive home later. We had self-imposed segration on the bus with the girls chatting away in the back and the boys in front, passing out drinks and manning the stereo and light show on

the ceiling. It was the coldest day of Winter yet at -35 and I got dolled up in my skimpy cocktail dress, paper-thin hose and silettos which proved almost deadly on the ice. I survived without frostbite and it was all in the name of fashion, but next year I think I'll wear a bit more layers. The party is always held at a fun restaurant downtown and it's such a treat to have a nice night out with adults only. I over-indulged in bacon-wrapped scallops, caesar salad, filet and bison short-ribs. And as if that wasn't enough, I decided to partake in the warm molten chocolate cake with coffee ice cream and finish off the meal with a nice cappucino. I ate every decadent thing in sight! We had a great time and Wyatt did fantastic with his new sitter, although he was able to con her into reading him books for "like, an hour", she said. Got our money's worth on that one!


3 comments:
You look so pretty!! I really like the dress...wish we could have been there!
It is strange to see all the new faces and one old one in this photo. I loved the Cat Christmas party. We got a limo once and it was fun, but I wanted to stay out later. We went to a place on Whyte Avenue and that was fun one year. I don't remember where we went the other year, but I have the picture of Brian and I before we went to prove that we went somewhere.
Now imagine how cold felt in that dress that night and think of me in an orthopedic boot for 2 months of that. I broke my foot in October of 06 and was in a boot until the first week of January. We got our first snowfall that year before Halloween and it didn't melt until April. Talk about cold and wet and muddy and messy. That is one of the reasons I FELL IN LOVE MY LAUNDRY ROOM at that house on Kinsbury. I WANT it again with a bigger washer and dryer. that economy washer and dryer stunk!
KEEP BELIEVING
brrr, the picture of you and Dayven is really good but I can almost see the chill bumps on you! Dayven has layers of clothes on and then you and your bare shoulders. What a brave soul you are!! ha. Oh, I love bacon-wrapped scollops. I hope you ate some for me.
Post a Comment