In less than 24 hours, we'll be flying the friendly skies, bound for the sunshine state. The flip flops and sunglasses are packed and we are already dreaming of warm weather and sunshine. With a high of -23 today, a Florida vacation could not come at a better time. We went to my friend's for eggnog lattes yesterday and by the time we crossed the street (which takes a while when you're walking with a toddler in snow boots), the snot inside our noses was frozen solid. Florida....here we come!
Since we hadn't planned on taking all of Wyatt's presents with us, the idea of unwrapping a present every couple of days seemed like a fun way to spread out the Christmas cheer. The concept proved a little confusing for Wyatt. I was preoccupied in the kitchen the other day, when Wyatt burst into the room screaming "open! open! open!" with a trail of wrapping paper streaming behind him. I headed to the living room to investigate and found he had unwrapped not only the rest of his presents, but even those NOT addressed to him. I learned my lesson. Next year, the presents will not arrive under the tree until Christmas eve.
Finley has been shipped off to "Charlie's bootcamp" in Fort McMurray. Marta and Charlie have graciously offered to take him while we are in Florida. If I had any other alternative, I wouldn't have asked, but I had unsuccessfully tried to find him a spot at every kennel in a 100km radius. I'm sure after two weeks with Charlie, Finley will come back a changed man.
That's all for now. I won't be blogging while on vacation so don't bother checking. Snow, just keep on falling, we're heading south for the Winter.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Update from Finley at Charlie’s boot camp.... We have successfully trained him to chew on the furniture, eat off the table, potty in the house, munch on electrical wires, fetch dirty underwear from the hamper, and best of all, lick his Christmas balls. Have fun in Florida.
It looks like Wyatt has some of the same dance moves as Bennett...cute! Enjoy sunny Florida.
Post a Comment