Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Shave and a haircut - two bits!

I took Wyatt for his first professional big boy haircut today. I say professional because he was born with a full head of hair and we've basically been butchering it ourselves at home since he was about 6 months old. It's an activity he loathes. As soon as Dayven turns the clippers on, Wyatt's eyes open wide in fear and the screaming begins. It's a fight every time and ends up being quite a stressful experience for us. By the end, we're sweating and coated in hair and Wyatt's face is all red and tear-stained and I'm feeling like a rotten mom for torturing my little guy. So, I finally got tired of fighting him and decided to turn him over to the professionals. We went to a darling kid's salon near our house. Each chair is a fun theme, like a car or a horse, and has it's own TV and they have a ton of toys, books and other distractions for the kids. Wyatt was still not wild about the haircut, and I ended up holding him on my lap while she finished, but he survived. The stylist told us that the girls love to get their hair done, but the boys always cry. As we were leaving, some other kid was wailing away in the Hummer jeep too, so I didn't feel so bad. The end result was a cute, trimmed up, big boy cut, just like daddy!

No comments: