The theme of Wyatt’s Kindermusik camp is “Busy Days”. I think this is quite fitting because although I can’t tell you exactly what we do all day, I can tell you we are busy, busy, busy. I could barely find time to write this blog post! The past couple of days have just been eaten up with errands. If you don’t have a small child, I’m sure you take it for granted how easy it is to run errands. You probably just pull into the parking spot and hop right out of your car, maybe pausing briefly to check your reflection and apply more lipgloss. If you are a mom too, then you know what it is like to get out of the car, double check that you have your wallet, diaper bag, sippy cup and goldfish (depending on length of errand), unbuckle all the seatbelt buckles on the carseat, hoist your kid onto your hip or into the stroller or cart (depending on location of errand) and lug them inside. Then repeat the whole process in reverse when the errand is over. It really makes you think twice about running certain errands. Do I really need to go to Walgreens? Surely I can squeeze another glob of toothpaste out of the tube. I’ll go tomorrow…what’s the next thing on my list? That is why Wyatt and I really like "two-in-one errands", like Wild Oats. We can get our groceries, then have lunch right there in the cafe. 
Hey Cyborg, keep an eye on my kid, will ya?
On my ever growing list of possible things to invent that will make millions, I'm adding this to the list...a robot babysitter. The concept is still in its early form, but it will work something like this: A life size robot that stays in your car with the A/C running and music playing, quietly looking after your offspring while you tick off another errand. It will be able to give basic disciplinary commands, mix bottles, feed snacks, sing songs, ward off potential carjackers and overall, just keep the peace while you are going about your business. Genius, isn't it? Don't even think of stealing my idea. I'm going to apply for a patent.
Yes, these last couple of days have been busy, but we've scratched off a lot of items on our never ending list. Grammy Karen and her friend Suzanne arrive tonight to take care of Wyatt while Dayven and I head to Canada on our house hunting trip. We're anxious to get up there and see exactly where it is we'll be living for the next couple of years. You won't hear from me for a little while, but I promise I'll be back next week with tales from the north.

No comments:
Post a Comment