We’re back from our trip and although we had fun exploring Edmonton, it’s sure good to be home. We trekked around town, visited the largest mall in North America, attended a BBQ thrown by one of the other Cat families and even managed to catch a flick (the new Harry Potter, in case you're wondering), something we hardly ever get to do. The whole trip was a bit of a whirlwind and after so much eating out (and so much red meat), I now know why Dayven is content with
cereal for dinner sometimes after returning home from a business trip. The city was interesting - nothing outstanding to report - just a big city like any other. It does seem to be very outdoorsy, with people outside running, riding bikes and pushing strollers everywhere we went, which was nice. We had a great time and everyone we met was so friendly, but
we were missing our little guy like crazy and couldn’t wait to get home and get our hands on him. We even flew standby on an earlier flight since I was so anxious to get back. Now that the realization is sinking in that we’re leaving Nashville, I’m pretty sad. It is such a beautiful town and I’m really going to miss my friends and all the memories Dayven and I have here. I’m having very mixed feelings about the move, but I'm trying to keep an open mind.Meanwhile, back in Nashville, Wyatt was having a ball with Grammy Karen and Auntie Suzanne. They took him shopping, out to lunch and let him “bend” all the rules. He was in heaven. Luckily, we got to spend a little time with them before they had to head home. We took them downtown to get some true Southern BBQ before they had to head back to Denver. Karen said she is already missing seeing his little smiling face.
We went to another BBQ at my boss’s house this week and had so much fun. He and his wife prepared a wonderful dinner for the whole group with grilled steaks, shrimp and wine. It was really great
to see everyone and catch up. Wyatt was quite the little Cassanova, wooing all the ladies. They were taking turns holding him and rocking in the hammock with him. He has not yet reached the stranger anxiety phase and is always happy to look at a new face for a while.

No comments:
Post a Comment