Thursday, July 26, 2007

Going to Graceland

Ok, so we didn’t actually go inside Graceland, but we did do a drive by (no weapons involved), so I figure we were there in spirit. Wyatt and I decided to take a little road trip to Memphis this week to visit my friend Betsy and her family. Dayven was in the Windy City on a business trip and Wyatt and I couldn't stand another lonely night in this quiet, empty house while Dayven was out having dinner and drinks with the guys, golfing, and watching a Cubs game at Wrigley Field - you know, important work business. So we loaded up the truckster and hopped on I-40, bound for Memphis, the land of BBQ and Blues and the home of the King.

We had a ball hanging with Betsy, her husband Will and their kids, Emily and Mac. I haven’t seen the kids in ages and although I’ve been seeing regular pictures, I was amazed at how grown up they seemed in person. Wyatt loved watching what the big kids were doing and they were perfect at entertaining him. They filled me in on the world of Webkinz, recounted tales of their summer vacation, showed me all the pictures Emily has been taking with her new camera and introduced me to Peanut Butter flavor TCBY. We shopped, toured the town and went to dinner at their favorite Mexican deli, where we all noshed on the delicous fish tacos with homemade lime guacamole sauce (my mouth is watering as I type this). No chicken fingers for these kids, no siree. But of course, as always, the best part was just getting a chance to sit around and chat, catching up on what's new in our lives. There is never a silent bit of space between Betsy and I, and as Mac was quick to point out, we "talk loud and fast". Yes, we had a fabulous time and a little get-a-way is just what we needed. Right now, Dayven is probably 35,000 feet in the air, snacking on goldfish as he rockets his way back to Nashville.



After I uploaded my pictures, I was disappointed when I realized I didn't take a single picture of Betsy and Will. The picture on the right was taken a while ago, but I wanted to add them to the post.

No comments: