Saturday, May 12, 2007

A tribute to the Birthday Boy


HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAYVEN!
Today Dayven turned 29. I know, he's a young 'un and I'm a cradle robber. The poor guy has been travelling so much lately, he said all he wants for his birthday is to stay home! The past 2 weeks he has only spent about 2 nights at home. We planted flowers and had a late lunch at his favorite little BBQ spot downtown, Judge Bean's. Now we're going to spend a relaxing evening at home with a little red wine and birthday cake!

Little things I love about my husband...

  • He sings just as poorly as I do, but that doesn't stop him. He makes up lyrics to the tune of a popular song that can be sung over and over and over...
  • He has a great sense of humor and always makes me laugh.
  • He grills a mean burger and on the weekends, he makes us banana and chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast.
  • He loves to vacuum. He will deny this fact, but it's true. He is very precise about the lines it leaves on the carpet being in a particular pattern (which I'm told his father used to do as well). I offer to do it, but he always says he will do it. I'm afraid my vacuuming is up to his standards.
  • Every weekend he washes my car for me, so I don't have to. He usually fills it up with gas too.
  • He never stays angry for too long when I accidentally "bump" into things with the car.
  • He eats vinegar and hot sauce on everything and he is the only person I know that thinks fruit counts as a dessert.
  • He loves to drink milk as much as I do.
  • He lets me be exactly who I am, quirks and all.
  • He is an excellent father and my best friend.
  • The list goes on........................

No comments: