
Wednesday, April 09, 2014
Happy Birthday to.....meeeee......
My birthday came and went without much pomp but I spent it with my favorite people. I've finally reached that year that my mom calls "the sweet spot". The magic age that no one wants to leave. I'll let you guess. I'll give you a hint, it's not 29. But age is just a number and I'm happy with my life so I can't complain. We didn't do much to celebrate. Dayven was out of town so the kids and I got sushi take out and celebrated with some flourless chocolate cake. It's pretty uneventful to have your birthday on a weekday. I made my birthday private on facebook a while back, figuring who really needs to know your birthday anyway? The problem with this approach is no one knew it was my birthday and all day long, NO ONE MENTIONED IT, which was sort of depressing. I just went about my day like usual, tending to life and business. Wyatt ended up getting sick around bedtime so I spent my birthday evening pep talking him while he retched over the toilet. I officially declared a "do over" for my special day.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
Glad you made a blog about your non eventful birthday anyway!!Loved the card Wyatt made you. I love birthdays, they are the most fun I think.
Happy Birthday for whenever Chels. Week day birthday's are no fun at all. I always think Mother's Day is way better because there is a lot more attention paid. Well in my house anyway. You have mastered the 'chin up' and I hope you have a great 'do over' with Dayven whenever you can. It will be nice to catch up one day. Nai xxx
Post a Comment