Sunday, November 10, 2013

The greatest show on earth!

We took the kids to see the Barnum & Bailey circus show "Dragons" this weekend. Our neighbors weren't using their tickets and graciously offered them to us. It was kind of a last minute, which made it a fun surprise. The seats were in the 4th row so we had a perfect view of the action. It was quite a theatrical show, with laser lights, fog and booming music. Gone are the days of the lone juggling clown. The kids loved it, especially Tate. He was really mesmerized. I'm so glad Dayven talked me into bringing him. I was worried he wouldn't sit still through the 2 1/2 hour show, but he could not peel his eyes from the action. He sat on my lap and leaned forward, gripping the seat in front of him, staring open mouthed at the performers. The kids especially loved the clowns and both claimed that was their favorite part. Hadley informed us she wants to be "an actor in the circus when I grow up". I loved the elephants. I'm amazed at how gentle something so gigantic can be. Some of the tigers weren't cooperating and it took several tries to get them on their blocks and performing. I try not to notice the whips the handlers have and think what happens to them behind the scenes. Everyone did well considering the length of the show and we only had to buy a few snacks to make it through once they'd eaten everything from my purse. Long live the circus!


1 comment:

Mizerany Family said...

We took Bennett when she about two, and though she did great (much like Tate), we haven't been back. May have to try it in 2014.
Tate's cheeks are the cutest darn things. I just want to kiss them!! Glad everyone behaved!