Ahhhhhhh sibenyaaaaaa eeeeeeh

...or whatever the heck they are saying in the opening line of "The Circle of Life". Last weekend I took Hadley and Wyatt to see The Lion King musical, while Dayven and Tate stayed home. We love this story and soundtrack so much so the kids were thrilled to see it live. I'm actually a little relieved it's over now so we can give the CD a rest and stop singing it around the house. It's a special treat to go to the theatre, especially the big fancy one downtown. The show did not disappoint, with amazing costumes, dancing and of course, that music! The show was long - over 2 1/2 hours - and the kids were getting a little restless by the end, but they made it.
 |
| Thank goodness for intermission |
September in Western PA, is the season for Covered Bridge Festivals. Since every park around here has at least one covered bridge, there is no shortage of festivals. We went to our favorite park Mingo Creek to check out their version. It was pretty low key - with crafts, food vendors, a petting zoo and "train" rides in oil barrels, pulled by a converted tractor. The kids loved the train. I thought the petting zoo was pretty fun - the sheep chased Wyatt and the goats tried to eat my jeans. Hadley chased the grumpy llama around. Tate was terrified and mostly clung to me. It was the rowdiest petting zoo I've ever been to! The weather was beautiful and it was a great day to be outside so it turned out to be the perfect Sunday afternoon outing.
 |
| Now the goat is eating Wyatt's pants. |
 |
It's ok Tate, he's totally friendly and will not try to chew your hands off. At all.
 |
| Run, Wyatt, RUN!! |
|
1 comment:
I love the petting zoos myself even. Once when we visited Joni they took us to the Lion King. I loved it. The music stays with you forever!Our trip across Canada on trains was great. We did go by bus to Lake Louise and the ice fields and Jasper. We were gone during the terrible flooding Colorado had. Our house was fine. Been back a wk. and we are almost back to normal again.
Post a Comment