Monday, September 09, 2013

1st day of school for the Hadley Kat!

Someone is really going to miss her...
She's off! We had her open house last week, but today was the first official day.

We had our usual discussion/DRAMA this morning over what to wear. This kid is so darn picky. She has a closet full of darling things and insists on t-shirts and shorts. The SAME ones over and over. If they're dirty, she'll pull them out and put them on anyway. I refused to let her go to school the first day in a yogurt-crusted shirt so she finally agreed to wear a dress. She came downstairs in this concoction and I figured I better just go with it or we'd be late for sure. We never get out of the house quick or efficiently. This morning, I was frantically trying to get dinner in the crock pot before we left, furiously chopping what I thought were banana peppers from our farm share for the fajitas. I chucked them in the crock pot and must not have washed my hands well because I itched my face a few minutes later and felt like my cheeks and eyes were on fire. I had to wear a milk compress in the car on the way to school. Who knows what fire in the hole fajitas are cooking in there now. Might be plan B for the kids. Never a dull moment around here!

 Anyway, we finally got ourselves to school and she couldn't get out of the car fast enough. She was very anxious to get back to school and reconnect with all her little buddies. She has a new teacher this year, but a few of the same friends from her class last year.  She got right to work doing some puzzles and checking out the bulletin boards. Tate was going crazy, wanting me to put him down so he could play with all the cool stuff. He kept yelling "CAR! CAR!" and pointing where the boys were playing. It was killing him. It was a shortened day, only an hour and a half and Tate had a doctor's check up so we buzzed out of there. She happily waved us off so that's a good sign! After we picked her up, we hung around on the playground a while. Tate loved playing with all the big kids and Hadley had fun with her new friends while I chatted with the other moms. Tate has his first day of Mother's Day Out tomorrow so it will be an empty house in the morning!
She said she was "being a scarecrow".






"Open House" day. I goofed the date so I made her re-take the picture on the first official day.
Last year I spilled an entire FULL gallon of Sherwin Williams Outer Banks paint in the parking lot. It was a mess. Clearly it's going to be there a while. Hadley has already pointed it out and asked about several times, wondering WHY I would do that in her school parking lot!?? Looks like we'll be discussing it for a while.
We had a babysitter for Tate on open house day so we headed out for a Hadley/mommy coffee date. You know what her selection was. Cupcakes for breakfast, anyone?



1 comment:

Winona said...

her blue eyes are so pretty when she has something blue on like the ribbon and her jacket. I don't remember having clothing troubles with Joni when she was that age. Maybe I've just forgotten.