Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Birthday Daddy!

























In addition to Mother's Day, today is also Dayven's birthday and according to the kids, he's 25, which is older than me because they think I turned 10 on my birthday. Dayven said birthdays trump fake Hallmark holidays so it was his special day more than mine. He was teasing...I think. Still, neither of us felt like doing much since we've both been battling colds for over a week. We decided to go out for a late lunch to cover two meals. No need to rock, paper, scissors to see who does the dishes. He picked Indian since he's been craving it. The place we tried was very authentic (we were the only whities in there) and so spicy the kids couldn't eat anything but Naan.

The kids insisted on blowing up balloons and having party horns to celebrate. Then they"helped" me bake daddy a cake this afternoon, which means they fight over who is going to stand on the stool, then vigorously stir the ingredients so that large amounts of flour (or baking powder?) splash out onto the counter tops. How the cake will turn out is always a mystery. We lucked out and it was delish. The kids colored special pictures for Dayven and for his gift, I took some old family movies on VHS and had them converted to DVD. One had reruns of Dynasty recorded on it so who knows what we'll see when we watch them but the handwriting scrawled on the labels said things like "Lake Powell 1979" and "Family Footage 1987" so I'm sure there will be something good. Even though his parents are no longer here to celebrate with him, I hope watching these old family movies will put a smile on his face.

Happy Birthday Dayven! We love you!!
Once Tate figured out what was happening with the beaters, he wanted in on the action. 









1 comment:

Winona said...

I can see the most fun of the whole day was licking those beaters.After we got back from India I made Naan. It turned out real good. We love it. We had a great day today with the family. The weather was perfect, 80 degrees. We took some family pictures in a park.