Saturday, May 04, 2013

And the beat goes on...

We're back in the saddle over here after our little mishap last week. Miss Hadley is back to her old spunky self, like she hasn't missed a beat. We are beyond grateful things weren't more serious. We skipped our swimming lesson today. I'm just not ready to go back there yet. I called our insurance company on an unrelated matter and inquired if the bills were rolling in yet for Saturday.  Boy, were they. After all the co-insurance, deductibles and re-negotiations, we're still at $758 for our portion. It's mind boggling. I hope all you Canadians really appreciate your free health care. We get in to see specialists much faster than you do, but we sure pay for it! I'm going to attempt to renegotiate the hospital portion. The CT scan alone was $2500!! But I am grateful that we have wonderful doctors who can care for our kids in time of need. I just don't get why it costs so much. The lady that manned the CT machine gave Hadley a little pirate bear for being so brave. Dayven told her not to ever lose that bear since it cost $758!!

The weather has been gorgeous this week. We're definitely into spring now. One day this week I picked the kids up from school and we headed to a park for a picnic lunch. It's a huge park near our house with several playground areas and we even saw people riding horses through the park. It was so nice to just be outside together, enjoying the fresh air. Tate thought he was one of the big kids and insisted on climbing on everything. He even did the baby slide all by himself! Hadley and I were swinging side by side for the longest time, with Tate sitting on my lap just resting his head on my chest, almost asleep. So peaceful. After lunch we went to the duck pond to feed the ducks. You could tell they were fed a lot (or overfed) because they were sort of unfazed by our bread. The kids were bouncing chunks of baguettes off their feathers without much of a reaction. Then it was on to check out the buffalo and peacocks at the small animal reserve. We stopped at Dairy Queen on the way home to top off our perfect day!
















Tomorrow is the big relay for the Pittsburgh Marathon. Our team is running for St Jude and I raised over $900 alone, thanks to the generosity of our friends and family. I haven't been running at all lately so Dayven agreed to take my leg of the relay. It's only 3.5 miles, but it's very hilly. Go Dayven! We headed downtown today to pick up the race packet and check out the action. We rode the "t stop" train from the station right near our house. It was really convenient and only took about 30 minutes to get downtown. It was fun to just take in the scenery along the way. We'll definitely ride it again sometime. It was gorgeous weather and it was fun being downtown. Wyatt kept commenting "I just love walking around down in the city!"
There was a guy at the hot dog stand telling everyone he'd won the lottery for $2M and was buying hotdogs for everyone! 





































Tomorrow starts Dayven's mandatory week off from work. Cat is doing rolling layoffs where each person takes 4 weeks off over the next two quarters. It won't be much of a week off since we have a big honey do list going. He's not allowed to take any work phone calls or emails so it will definitely be a break from his job! We'll be painting and working out in the yard. Our big landscaping project starts in the backyard this week so that will keep us busy. That's the haps around here.
We've been eating lunch outside and enjoying the nice weather. 
Tate thinks he's a big kid since he figured out how to sit in the big chairs to watch cartoons. The problem is he can't get down. We just hear him in there yelling and go in to find him stuck in the chair! 
We found him walking around in his sister's slippers. He thinks he's hilarious! 



1 comment:

Winona said...

so happy this week went much better than the last and Hadley is back to normal.We had another big snow storm on Tues. by Wed. it was all gone so fast but we must have had 12 inches only on the grass, yeah! The park looks so pretty and the ride /with phones looks like so much fun !! ha. We can't go anyplace without people with their nose in their phones. It is discusting I think. Of course I don't have one of those smart phones either so maybe that is why is it discuting to me!!Barbara Ann gets her knee replaced tomorrow.