Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Dear sweet precious Tate,



You're officially ONE YEAR OLD, my handsome little man. You're smart, silly, vocal and curious. You're growing like a weed - wearing clothes your big brother wore when he was 6 months older than you. You're our biggest one yet! You have a temper on you too. If one of the big kids takes a toy from you, you're not happy and you let them know it! You're fiercely determined and if I tell you not to touch something, you keep your hand on it briefly and give me that mischievous smile that says "really? are you sure?.... well, ok" and you move on. But mostly you're a sweet giggly boy. You snuggle up to anyone who holds you and all we have to do is make eye contact to see that big smile creep across your face.

I worry I'm not taking enough pictures and video to capture every detail of your precious little life. You're sweet soft cheeks and big brown eyes. Your dimply little glumps. Your delicious giggle anytime something funny happens. You have a great sense of humor so you laugh a lot. Your warm, stout little body and the way it feels to hold you. The way your hair smells after your bath. I want to memorize these details.

I can't imagine our lives without you. Every day with you is a gift, my sweet baby boy.

I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always.
As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be.

Love, Mommy
XOXO


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Your birthday blog letters to your kids ALWAYS make me tear up! I can't believe Tate is 1!