Will we make it another week? This morning I was not so sure. Hadley, Tate and I were just getting settled in with her class at Trax Farms for her field trip. We were about to start the hay ride when Wyatt's school called and said he had been quarantined in the nurses office due to a bloodshot weepy eye. I told them I'd be right over to get him. I looked down at Hadley, giggling and wide-eyed with excitement and my heart broke. We had been talking about this field trip for weeks and looking forward to this special day together. I explained the situation to her teacher, who offered to let her stay (even though parents are required to attend the preschool field trips). When I bent down to tell Hadley, I was choking back tears. I felt so bad that she would now be the only kid out of 4 classes that didn't have a parent there and that our special day together would not be happening. I was frustrated over not knowing anyone here and having no one to call for help, no family in town and Dayven traveling. I know it was compounded by all the emotions and stress I'm feeling from the move. I was swiping tears away by the time I stood back up to talk to the teachers. They comforted me with some "awww, it's ok...."s and some shoulder pats, which made me cry harder. I was so embarrassed over my emotional display, I couldn't get out of there fast enough. I hopped in the car and let the rest of it out - the stress of the house, the move, missing my friends, missing familiarity and people who "get" me and my kids, the drive, the exhaustion, all of it - it just bubbled over. It was just an emotional release. I managed to gather myself by the time I got to Wyatt's school. It turns out he has conjunctivitis so he'll be staying home the required 24 hours for the medicine to take effect. Hadley ended up having a wonderful time on her field trip and told us all about it in detail when we picked her up.
The house is plugging along and they say it's on schedule, thank goodness. Some days I can barely get down the street there are so many trucks and workers in there. I check in daily to see the progress. We are scheduled to have our final walk through on Friday. We'll create a "punch list", a list of things that need to be fixed or completed and they have until Oct 31 at our closing to finish them. I am losing my mind with all the decisions, phone calls and details the past couple of weeks. The driveway guy, the closet guy, the electrician, the trim guy, the tile guy, the landscapers, it just goes on and on. You'd think it would be going on auto pilot at this point, but there still seems to be little details that need to be confirmed, decisions to be made and things to be looked over at each step of the process. We've caught a few mistakes too that needed to be fixed before they got too far down the track. I under estimated the time and stress involved and my type A/perfectionist personality cannot just let things go. I want every detail just right. I have the general contractor on speed dial and call him daily for something or other. He will not miss me I'm sure. I managed to snap a few shots last week (it's much further along now) but the stress in the air in the house was palpable, with hammers pounding, saws buzzing, paint brushes swiping and people shouting orders. Everyone is working so hard to make the deadline. I decided it was best to just get out of there and let them do their thing. My parents arrive this weekend to help with the kids so we can begin the preparations for the move. One more week - we can make it.
![]() |
| Pouring the driveway on a VERY foggy day... |
![]() |
| "Drop Zone" in the mud room/laundry room. We really need this!! |










2 comments:
Girl you need a well deserved bowl of icecream and bottle of wine! It'll all be over soon! I gotta tell you from the pics you put up it is gorgeous! I must say I am envious of the kitchen...it's white! My dream..guess I'll just have to come over someday and enjoy yours ;-) Those tray ceilings are stunning! thinking of you in the next few weeks and hope the move goes smoothly or as smoothly as a move can go when you got 3 kiddos and everyday life must go on!
So sorry to hear of the stress and emotional build-up you had Chels. I know I would have cried too had I been in your shoes during Hadley's field trip. Wish we were closer...
Post a Comment