Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Weekend with the girls!

I headed to Birmingham, Alabama this past weekend to visit a couple of old girlfriends. We've been friends for almost 20 years and have had so many wonderful times together. We try to get together every year but kids, family and obligations often get in the way. Thankfully we always pick right up where we left off and always have a great time together. We spent the weekend chatting, laughing, shopping, eating and drinking. We stayed up until 3am the first night just talking! Needless to say, we were all tired the next day. We stayed in our PJs until almost 11am drinking coffee - decadent! I can't remember the last time I did that.

I desperately needed this time alone to rejuvenate with friends. I enjoyed having no responsibilities or demands, just going where ever the day took us. I can't remember the last time I laughed that hard. It's so great to be with friend. It's the thing I've missed most on this move. Everyone needs some girl time now and then. We've vowed to keep this tradition going.

Dayven graciously agreed to watch the kids so I could get away. I think he has a new appreciation for my job! He took them on a couple of outings to a nearby play area with a ball pit and jumpy house, lunch at McDonald's (they were in heaven!) and a trip to check out a new playground. The kids were good all in all, but he did have a rough night Saturday - filled with coughing kids, a crying baby, one with scary nightmares at 2am and another with a bloody nose and very early risers. I loved hearing their little voices when I called to check in, but I knew they were in good hands. By Sunday I was really missing them and couldn't wait to get home and give them a big hug!

No comments: