



It's hard to believe it's the second week of November and we've made it this far without one snowflake yet. Not one. This morning we woke to our first dusting. Wyatt was so disappointed, he said "Oh no! It snowed! I hate snow. I guess we can't go outside today". Hadley was so thrilled and couldn't wait to put her coat and boots on. These kids are sure opposites. I'm sure the snow won't last long and it's already mostly melted from the pavement, but it's just a reminder that fall is coming to an end and winter is not far off. I'm thankful we had such a beautiful and long fall this year and we enjoyed every bit of it.
We went with some friends to see the Michael Jackson Immortal Tour with Cirque du Soleil. It was an awesome show (is there a bad Cirque show?) with all the usual theatrics you'd expect set to a killer soundtrack. The vocals were Michael Jackson, but it was set to a live band with live back up singers. They had everything from the old favorites from the Jackson 5 to his latest hits. It was incredible. We had dinner at a fun restaurant first so it made for a nice night out.
I enjoyed a fun night out with some girlfriends this week at a local shopping area that was hosting a shopping event with wine and cheese. It amazes me to see all the stores packed to the gills with Christmas merchandise when we just finished Halloween, but what can you do? We had fun perusing the shops and all picked up something fun and ended up finishing the night with a cocktail (or pumpkin decaf latte with those of us with child) and a good chat. There is really a fun group of girls here and there always seems to be some social event going on. When the kids see me dressed up, they ask "Where are you going tonight, mommy?" I am grateful for an understanding husband who is happy to handle the bedtime routine so I can have a little break and also grateful for my babysitters when he's traveling!
Wyatt had a day off from school so Hadley and I took him along on our regularly planned outings to the library and ballet class. Hadley was so excited for him to come along and told him that morning "I'm going to take you to ballet class, Wy!" Despite his earlier promises to dance with her, he was a grouch that day and sat in the corner playing his LeapPad and complaining about the "terrible music". When some little dancers approached him and offered him a tiara, I swear he growled at them. I guess we won't be signing him up for ballet anytime soon!
Friday Dayven had the day off for Remembrance Day. We had a relaxing low key morning in our PJs with coffee and quiche. It felt like Sunday all day. In the afternoon, he and Wyatt headed to the movies to see Puss in Boots while Hadley had her
Dayven is headed out tonight for a poker night with the guys hosted at one of his buddys' houses. They've all been dropping off chairs and tables over there and getting geared up for the big night. They had joked about hiring a waitress from a local bar to serve them, but since that didn't pan out I guess they'll be forced to get their own beer!
We have another busy week ahead of us, but I was able to book a massage at a local spa that was having a special to help their new masseuse build clients. Twenty dollars for an hour long massage is a deal I couldn't pass up!







1 comment:
What a bargain on that massage. I love them but won't buy myself one. I wait until Christmas or my birthday, hoping I'll get a certificate for one. I also told my grand daughter I had never had a pedicure and I'd like one so maybe I'll get that as a gift too. She has one quite often with her girlfriends. One more snow and you'll catch up with us. Hadley is such a doll and she takes great pictures.
Post a Comment