For the most part, she is doing awesome at staying in her room. Wyatt did bust her trying to come out once. He said "Hey! Hadley, get back in your room!" The nap police are on the case... Otherwise, she generally doesn't come out. I hear her singing and talking in there for a while and then nothing. She seems to entertain herself, which I wouldn't mind, except that she's getting into trouble. Quiet time = destruction.
This morning, I went in to her room to find that all the butterflies had been taken down off her wall. At least all the ones she could reach. I was frustrated and explained we don't do this and she reassured me she wouldn't do it again. Then I painstakingly hung them all back up.
Later I noticed black scuff marks all over the bottom part of her bedside table. When I asked her what happened, she immediately had a guilty look on her face. She said "It wasn't me, mommy. It was my tap shoes. Dey were dancing on da table". Uh-huh. Crafty little thing she is. Guess I will have to see if this Magic Eraser is really as great as they say.
Yesterday during naptime, she played for a while and then since it was quiet, I assumed she was asleep. I was right, she was. Face down in a pile of toys wearing her fairy wings and every tutu she owns.
I can't imagine what she is up there doing now during her "nap". On that note, I better go check to be sure she isn't drawing a mural on the wall or emptying the contents of her dresser.
![]() |
| Found her face down asleep in the middle of her toys during nap time. |
![]() |
| Seriously.... sound asleep. |



2 comments:
Hilarious! Ok I know I shouldn't be laughing because as a mother I know how frustrating this is but the way you write it is just too funny! At least she is getting some shut eye! I'm sure her new found freedom of the big girl bed will eventually get old for her soon!
Pres did the same thing initially. He would sing, kick the wall, read books, drag every toy into his bed, etc. Eventually he would fall asleep, and now he LOVES his big boy bed. All of this fun will wear off eventually (hang in there). Perhaps you could set some new parameters...you can read books or play with your babies, but you have to stay IN your bed...
On a sidenote, Bennett has the same outfit she is wearing face down on her floor. She's a doll!
Post a Comment