I promised Wyatt he could watch the ipod in the waiting room, only to have him inform me after I handed it to him that the batteries were dead. I was afraid he'd throw a fit, but he found plenty of other things to entertain him. It was a pediatric dentist with a bunch of toys and books and even a cute little train going around a track suspended from the ceiling.
Wyatt volunteered to go first and climbed right up in the chair. When the dentist came in, Wyatt asked him his name, then said "OK! I'm ready! AHHHHH!" and opened his mouth really wide. The dentist wanted to start small to make sure it was a positive experience so no cleaning this time, just a check up. He let the dentist "count" his teeth and even did great for the x-rays. The technician even complimented him saying he was such a great listener and so cooperative. Are you talking about my kid!? Hadley was a little less enthusiastic when it was her turn and refused to wear the paper bib, but she still sat in the chair and opened her mouth wide for the dentist. No x-rays for her until she's older. Good report for both kids - clean, healthy teeth and no sign of cavities. The Dentist thought Wyatt was a bit young to have lost his first tooth already, although not totally outside the range of normal and it was one of the first ones to go. He may have even bumped it, causing the root to get damaged. Either way, the x-ray showed the permanent tooth coming in, but still a ways below the surface. He told us we'd probably see it in about 6 months, which isn't uncommon.
When the kids were all done, they got to pick out a special toy and a sticker. They have already asked when they'll get to go again! We'll see if they're as excited once they have an actual cleaning...







1 comment:
Well your 2 kids are not the only one in the dentist chair today.Yesterday I was at the live theater of Ragtime, I felt something in my mouth! It was part of my front tooth! Great time to have that happen as we leave in 2 days for Portugal. They took me, made a temp and tomorrow I get a crown. They are closed tomorrow but they made a special opening just for me. Thank goodness it happened now instead of on our trip. Tell Hadley the dentist forgot to put the bib on me today!!
Post a Comment