Friday, June 10, 2011

More things kids say...

Yesterday was Wyatt's "unbirthday" celebration at school. Each kid who has a birthday over the summer gets a special day to bring in treats and have their friends sing to them. It was also my day to volunteer in the classroom, so I got to be a part of the celebration. When I asked Wyatt what he wanted to bring for a treat, he said Bakugan cupcakes. I racked my brain for how to make a Bakugan treat (Timbits dipped in frosting, then pipe on the details?) and decided it was just too much work. I asked for his second choice and he said gummy worms. Super easy. Gummy worms it is! He also informed me that he wanted a bouncy house and presents for his birthday, just like his friend Seth had last week. I tried to explain that it's not really his birthday, more like a pretend birthday. At school they talked about how today is Wyatt's birthday, asked him how old he is turning and then they sang Happy Birthday while he blew out a candle on his cupcake. I can understand why there's some confusion.

When we were playing at one of the stations at school, Wyatt picked up a rubber lizard something or other and showed it to me.
WYATT: "Mommy, Dis is my Canadian. Mommy, did you know dat Canadians change colors, but not iguanas?"
ME: pause....   "Are you talking about a chameleon?"
WYATT: "No, Mommy. I'm talking about dis Canadian I'm holding in my hand. It's called a Canadian."
ME: "oh. cool."

When Dayven got home, Wyatt brought out one of his rubber lizards to show him and said it was his pet Canadian. Dayven liked that a lot. I'm sure he'll find a way to work it into a joke somehow.

Little Hadley gets a few one liners in herself from time to time. Often when Wyatt is sitting on the toilet to poop, I remind him to make sure his penis is pointing down. If he's in a hurry to go and forgets, he accidentally pees out, rather than in. Moms of boys, you know what I'm talking about, right? Am I crazy? Anyway, I guess Hadley has overheard me say this a few times because last night when Dayven got home from work, she told him she had to go on the potty. He put her up on the potty and then she said matter of factly in her sweet little voice, "Daddy. I have to push my penis down." He came out and wanted to know what the heck I'm teaching these kids. Seriously.

4 comments:

Mizerany Family said...

haha....love it! Please tell me Ms Hadley is not already potty trained though!!

Marta said...

That gave me a laugh!! I must remind Charles of the same thing each time he sits down to poop. I can just imagine little miss Hadley in a sweet voice saying that...too cute.

Chelsea said...

Ha! Glad to know ours is not the only bathroom getting sprayed! :)

Not yet, Julie! She seems advanced in all areas but this one. It's pretty hit or miss. Def can't trust her in big girl underpants yet. I have been pretty lax about enforcing it. I'm sure if I were more diligent, she'd pick it up.

ebbandflow said...

Fire hoses galore in our household. It feels like I'm mopping the toilet floor on a daily basis. Angus turns around to talk to me mid-stream and yep, turns his whole body! We've got #3 boy on the way we've just found out, so no reprieve for me any time soon! You know I love it though, it makes me laugh. Enjoy your summer. xx