Hats off to all the amazing mother's in this world, especially my own! We just wouldn't be who we are without our mothers - they teach us, nurture us, inspire us, wipe our tears, cheer us on, laugh at our jokes, make sure we're well fed, offer us advice and help us on our journey. Your mom is your number one fan. Be sure you show yours some love today.
I had a fabulous weekend, with plenty of celebrating and no dinner planning/preparing/serving/cleaning and very minimal laundry. I was milking it. Honey, can you give the kids a bath and read their stories again tonight while I take a hot shower and surf the web? Dayven tried to tell me it's just Mother's DAY, but I'm pretty sure it's Mother's Day WEEKEND, right? Right??
On Friday, I went to Wyatt's school for the Mother's Day Tea Party. These school events are a real wild card for us. They practice all week long and he's very excited to have me at school with him, but when it comes time to perform and there's a room full of parents/grandparents in the audience, it's a bit overwhelming to him and he panics. Last year he was a mess of tears. He surprised me this year and we made it through tear free. He even stayed up front with his class the entire time, sometimes performing and singing along, sometimes just randomly talking to me (I was in the front row). Either way, it was a milestone and I was quite happy. After the singing, each of the kids presented their mom with a flower and a special card they had made, along with a picture frame that they decorated themselves with a photo of them with their mom. Wyatt was so proud to give me the "special surprise" he had created. Then we sat at the table together and ate strawberry shortcake and drank iced tea. He kept telling me "Happy Mudder's Day, Mommy!' It was all very sweet.


Friday we went out to dinner with some friends at a fun Greek restaurant for a little adult celebrating. It was insanely garlicy and lemony and rich and all things delicious rolled into one. We ate ourselves into a food coma. Saturday I was slightly hungover from all the celebrating, or it's possible it was a food hangover. I'm not sure, but either way I laid low. Dayven and Wyatt took Finley to the dog park (he came home a stinky/muddy mess so I know he had fun (Finley, not Wyatt)), while Hadley and I had some girl time running a couple of errands. Then Dayven and the neighbors attacked the trees with a chain saw like nobody's business. We've had a terrible case of black knot fungus that quickly spreads from tree to tree so they were taking it all out and loading up the truck to take to compost. Dayven loves any excuse to use his power tools.

Five pounds of lamb, Ouza, Saganaki... gurgle... belch... ugh.
We ventured out for brunch at our favorite restaurant on Sunday, on the busiest day of the year. It was surprisingly not obnoxious. We were seated right away in a great booth and the kids were very well behaved waiting for their food, with Hadley only occasionally standing up to peer over the booth at the people behind us. Some nice passers-by offered to take a family photo of us, but that never goes very well.
We spent the rest of the day outside messing around in the yard. Dayven put together the playhouse, which we store for the winter in the basement, while we did sidewalk chalk and looked for bugs to inspect with our magnifying glass.













1 comment:
What a nice Mother's Day kiss from Wyatt. That picture is so cute. Love it.
Post a Comment