We headed downstairs so the kids could open their baskets of goodies. We didn't do much, just a few little fun treasures. Dayven reminded me it's not Christmas and there was no need to go overboard. They were happy with just the small things they received. The Easter bunny hid our eggs inside so we could relax in our PJs and drink coffee while the kids looked for the loot. They found a couple of the really obvious ones, but quickly lost interest if they had to look too hard. We ended up giving some really obvious hints and then had to flat out point them out for them to find them. Each egg contained only one jelly bean or gummy treat so they didn't have complete sugar overload. Each kid had to find the special egg with their name on it that contained a small toy.Wyatt found his right away since he can recognize his name but Hadley needed some help. We sat Snuggie Bunny on the stairs and had him "hold" her egg so she was sure not to miss it. Hadley has quite the sweet tooth and loved digging into the goods. I went into the living room to find she had eaten through her chocolate egg (foil wrapper and all) to get to the gummy treats inside. She was a sticky mess!


It was a gorgeous afternoon so we played outside for a while, blowing bubbles and doing sidewalk chalk, while Dayven cleaned out the cars. Wyatt begged to have another egg hunt so I grabbed a few of the plastic eggs and re-stuffed them (one treat each) and left a few empty too, which turned out to be quite disappointing for the person who found it. I made him stand in the garage with Hadley and count to 10 while I madly flung them in the bushes, trees and even on top of the last snow pile still left in our yard. That snow is good for something!



We had a nice simple Easter dinner - ham, scalloped potatoes and salad, followed by some fun cupcakes I had made for the kids. You know, since we didn't get enough sugar earlier in the day. The entire time I was frosting the cupcakes, Hadley was clinging to my legs saying "I want tuptake! I want tuptake! TUPTAKE!" I made her wait until after Easter dinner. I know, mean mom. They were a hit and Wyatt ate TWO of them. Quite a lot for a kid who doesn't really like sweets. It was the perfect low key way to celebrate the holiday. Happy Easter!
A little movie of our festivities...















2 comments:
Hadley is so cute with her Easter egg in hand and standing in the snow. Your parents should just love it! Too bad when our kids were small we didn't have such so our parents could have enjoyed all those moments.
Darling video...I am dying to meet Hadley and get to know Wyatt!
Post a Comment