Saturday, April 23, 2011

Kickin' it Old School!

The first part of the Easter weekend was spent with a lot of adult festivities and belated birthday celebrating for me. Dayven summed it up best when he asked on Good Friday, "so....what time does your next adventure start?"

Thursday I had my belated birthday celebration with the Cat wives. We have a little tradition that when it's your birthday, you get to pick a restaurant and we all go out for a fun celebratory dinner. I didn't want to just have dinner so I talked the gang into going to the Retro 80's Skate Night at our local skating rink. They were all good sports and joined in the fun. We had a range of skills since one hadn't been on skates in 20 years and another is actually on the local Roller Derby team. We had a ball, circling the rink to the old tunes, busting out our best moves and making requests from the DJ. Plenty of laughs and no major injuries so the night was a success.
I chickened out on the roller skates and wore my well loved blades from college.
Me, Shona, Leann, Kerri, Christine and Courtney.





Friday, I had a girls' day out with a little trip to the mall, where we offered each other advice and opinions on all things girly. We all left with something cute. We followed our shopping excursion with dinner and a movie. We saw Scream 4 - predictable, but plenty of jump out of your seat moments. Dayven threatened to turn all the lights off and hide and scare me, but thankfully he showed mercy and the lights were on when I got home.
Post-shopping cocktails and appies with  Christine, Courtney and Marianne.

Saturday night is my birthday do-over with Dayven. My actual birthday wasn't much of a celebration so I'm getting another shot at it. Tonight we're going to dinner at our fav Thai/Laotian restaurant. Then we'll head home to stuff Easter baskets with goodies so they'd be ready for the kids in the morning. I'm wiped after all this celebrating!

1 comment:

Winona said...

seeing those roller skates brought back 1950's memories for me. We either went skating or to a movie was our date night choices. The skating rink was a redone over chicken house!! Sometimes the dust was so bad you could not see to the other end of the rink!! We still thought it was fun.