Thursday, November 18, 2010

It's here...


Hello Winter! What a shock. We were still having lovely Fall temps last week and now it's -20. How did it happen so quickly? We're back to shoveling, bundling up, driving along at a crawl in 4 wheel drive and racing for cover inside the building as quickly as we can. Wyatt protests all his gear he must wear and throws a stink everytime it's time to get out of the car. "But, it's SNOWING out there!....I can't get out...AGH!...the snow is COLD... I'll just wait in car......" while I'm begging him to hurry and get out because I'm being pelted by snow while waiting for him. Hadley runs away when I'm trying to pile her winter clothes on her, kicks in protest to wearing boots and slumps over on the floor (imagine dressing a jelly fish). She whimpers while I struggle to squeeze her seatbelt straps together over the thick layers of clothing. The poor kids can't move an inch once they're strapped in.

We've been busying ourselves with work and life, playdates for the kids (even Finley had a playdate with his Labradoodle girlfriend) and evening playdates for mommy. Over the past couple of weeks, I've been scrapbooking, gone to a movie with girlfriends, did a "Paint your own Pottery" evening, followed by Irish Coffee at a new wine bar and even took a chocolate making class with a friend. I'm armed with all new ideas for my next baking project!

1 comment:

Mizerany Family said...

Glad you're making the most of it! I would be a deep depression if I lived up there!