Friday night, my friend Marianne and I headed out to one of three local ski hills here in Edmonton. They have a "5 o'clock Fridays" special that allows you to ski for $5 from 5-9pm if you bring a donation for the food bank. Since Edmonton is situated around a river valley, it's pretty tame skiing. The hill we went to is made up of mostly blue runs - just my speed - with only one black diamond, which is fine by me since I avoid those anyway. Hardly the Rockies, but we still had a great time. After skiing for a couple of hours, we headed to a local bar for an apres-ski cocktail. The perfect Girls' Night Out!





3 comments:
You guys look adorable! Thats awesome you got out for a girls night...would have loved to join you!
So envious that you can ski for $5! Steve and I are heading to Deer Valley in a couple of weeks!
isn't it about time you headed for Florida?? I'm having fun playing rummykub on the internet with my sister who lives in Omaha. She discovered the site about a couple weeks ago. We've been playing 3 games almost every evening. Now we are going to include Joni, my daughter, and Sarah, my grand daughter. You can all sit at a table then lock the door!!
Post a Comment