The heat wave of last week is a distant memory. The temps are hovering just below zero, but at least the sun is shining and there isn't a cloud in the sky, so I'm not complaining. We've been spending more time indoors, filling our days with play dates, trips to the gym and library, swimming and just trying to stay warm.
We made the trek downtown to our favorite brunch spot, Urban Diner, this weekend. Wyatt was on his best behavior and we were able to linger a bit and enjoy a leisurely meal, something that's not always possible when dining with a 2-year-old. The toy store nearby was having a huge going out of business sale so we stocked up on a few "rainy day" goodies.
We decided to take Wyatt for a swim, and headed to the indoor pool. He can't get enough swimming and loves to jump in. I love hearing his little voice count - "wuuunn...twooooo...freeeee...GO!" He loves the slide and the "bubble river", which mommy likes too because it's nice and toasty. The pool is heated to a nice pleasant temp, but the walk, or RUN, to the car afterward is pretty rough.
I headed over to the home of another Cat family on Sunday afternoon for a final little get together with the girls before one of them moves back to Peoria. We have a really fun group of people here now and we always enjoy getting together. We've already planned our next outing!
Otherwise, the weekend was fairly uneventful and we just relaxed and relished a little down time. I'm reading the Twilight series and loving it. A friend had highly recommended it, but after hearing the premise (vampires?), I knew it wasn't for me. She insisted I try it, so I did and I could NOT put it down once I started. I finished the 548 page book in one weekend. I really enjoy reading and love it when I find a book that captivates me like this. I can't wait to start the next one.
I'm becoming a big fan of the video montage these days. Here are a few highlights from our weekend. Please excuse the messy backdrop for these videos, it was the weekend, after all!

4 comments:
You guys are busy!! I just started Eclipse and totally agree -- I can't put the books down until I'm done! The funniest part is my 11 year-old neighbor has lent me the last two ;)
Sorry for multiple comments... Your montage is awesome!
Love your video. Oh, how i wish Karen was still here to enjoy little Wyatt. It is so nice he loves the water. I never did learn to swim.We had 11 below yesterday morning but today it warmed up to 30.
Just a warning...the Twilight books are eerily addictive. You won't get any housework done, and you'll probably read the next book in less than 24 hours.
Post a Comment