I've decided the best cure for Winter boredom is to busy one's self beyond belief. I have enrolled Wyatt in every conceivable activity available for a kid his age, so we've got quite a busy social calendar. We have swimming lessons at the indoor pool near our house. The pool is as warm as bath water and he loves it - kicking and splashing his way through class. The only tricky part is racing to the car with a wet head when it's -20 outside.
Then there's music class with Miss Krista. She has a magical voice and when she plays the guitar, the kids are drawn to her like the rats to the Pied Piper. We sing and dance and race around like mad playing our instruments for 45 minutes until it's time to go.
We also take "Salsa Tots" - hilarious mom and tots salsa dancing set to fun music. Wyatt is one of the younger ones in the class and the dancing is a little hit or miss, but it's great fun all the same.

Wyatt is an offical "Ladybug", and they meet once a week for storytime at the library. Despite the calm nature of this event, he is surprisingly well-behaved and loves the stories.
Then there's the occasional playgroup or playdate. On the off chance we find ourselves with nothing to do, we head to the indoor playground or I drop Wyatt at the daycare at the gym while I go for a run on the track. Just to balance things out for me, I have Ashtanga Power yoga in the evenings and it's so tough, I leave sweaty and exhausted, but it feels great.
Yes, it's very easy to hibernate in this weather, so we keep as active as we can!
Then there's music class with Miss Krista. She has a magical voice and when she plays the guitar, the kids are drawn to her like the rats to the Pied Piper. We sing and dance and race around like mad playing our instruments for 45 minutes until it's time to go.We also take "Salsa Tots" - hilarious mom and tots salsa dancing set to fun music. Wyatt is one of the younger ones in the class and the dancing is a little hit or miss, but it's great fun all the same.

Wyatt is an offical "Ladybug", and they meet once a week for storytime at the library. Despite the calm nature of this event, he is surprisingly well-behaved and loves the stories.Then there's the occasional playgroup or playdate. On the off chance we find ourselves with nothing to do, we head to the indoor playground or I drop Wyatt at the daycare at the gym while I go for a run on the track. Just to balance things out for me, I have Ashtanga Power yoga in the evenings and it's so tough, I leave sweaty and exhausted, but it feels great.
Yes, it's very easy to hibernate in this weather, so we keep as active as we can!

No comments:
Post a Comment