Thursday, November 08, 2007

When it rains, it pours...

Well, just as expected, Wyatt wasn't lucky enough to escape whatever virus had taken over my body. Just like me, he had sniffles, a runny nose, congestion, cough and achiness, with a little projectile vomiting thrown in just for fun! Tuesday night was the worst of it. Neither one of us got much sleep. Dayven being out of town didn't help. You really need an extra set of hands when you're scrambling around in the pitch dark, holding a screaming child that is spewing his dinner like a fire hose. It was like a scene from the Exorcist. I was, once again, silently cursing Dayven's travel schedule and feeling sorry for myself as I picked regurgitated peas from the carpet. He arrived home yesterday and boy, were we glad to see him. I pretty much passed Wyatt over and crawled straight into bed, although I really couldn't sleep at that point. Last night was much better and I think we seem to be making the turn. Wyatt is in much better spirits today and playing with his toys, just a little sniffly and snotty still. I really hope this isn't an indication of what winter is going to be like here. Dayven was complaining of a scratchy throat so let's hope he isn't next!

No comments: