Friday, November 09, 2007

The never ending kitchen renovation

There is an old saying that refers to getting a job done - "Good. Quick. Cheap. Pick two". Never were truer words spoken, but in Canada, you can only pick one. Our landlord hired someone to do some renovations in our kitchen - new counter tops, back splash and eventually, new tile flooring. When we moved in to this house, the counters were in, but we've been looking at patched bare wallboard ever since. Who knows when the new tile flooring will be completed. Probably after we move. Unlike the shoddy plumber who installed our new faucet fixtures, this guy's actually quite good...when he shows up. He seems to be working on what if referred to in Cedar Key as "Island Time". It translates loosely to "I'll get to it when I get to it". He actually arrived at our house the other day and 2pm and greeted me with "top of the mornin' to ya!" um, not really. It probably doesn't help that he's been cleaning up messes left by the previous plumber - fixing the leaky faucets and installing a new garbarator. All in all, he is actually very nice and we've become quite chummy. Although I do enjoy our little chats, I'm anxious to see this project completed. He has promised to call soon to set up a time to continue working so I'm optimistic it will be done...before Christmas.

No comments: