Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Fun in the Sun

We just returned home from another relaxing get-a-way in Florida. Dayven, Wyatt and I flew to Cedar Key to visit my family one last time before we move. We spent our time taking walks, cruising around the island in the golf cart, swimming, hanging out with my folks and of course, eating plenty of seafood. My brother even drove up from St. Pete Beach for the weekend to hang out with us. We were thinking of going to the Gator game on Saturday, but as much as I’d love to spend an afternoon in “the swamp”, fully clad in orange, noshing on a foot long and waving a giant foam finger, I couldn’t stomach the steep (and I mean STEEP) scalped ticket prices. So we settled for a tour of Gainesville and the campus (given by me), and lunch downtown. As always, we had a fabulous time in Florida and it went by way too quickly. It is always nice to unwind and it was exactly what we needed. Unfortunately, now it's back to reality. The movers come next week so we’re in a frantic rush to tie up all the loose ends.

No comments: