Thursday, October 17, 2013

Field Trip to Trax Farms


We had Hadley's class field trip this week. It was nice all week, until field trip day, then it rained. I mean, really rained. It was pouring by the time we got to Trax Farms. She was adamant that we not miss out, so we got our umbrellas and foraged on. She sat with her friends and listened to some educational spiels while I chased Tate around the room. We saw the apples being washed and sorted, got to sample one (Tate ate it core and all), we guzzled some cider, then took our hay ride. It was raining so hard by that point and the canopy didn't offer much cover, so I was more focused on holding the umbrella over us and didn't enjoy much of the scenery. All the animals were huddled in their shelters anyway. Afterward, we picked out our pumpkins and it was time to go. The day would have been much more enjoyable if the weather had cooperated, but Hadley seemed to have fun and that's all that mattered. In fact, she loved the rain so much, she didn't want to go in when we got home so I let her play in the driveway for a bit. Kids!















No comments: