Saturday, February 16, 2013

Happy Valentine's Day!


I know it's a "Hallmark holiday", but it's still fun to celebrate because it involves two wonderful things - expressing your love for those most important in your life and chocolate!

The kids both had parties at their school. It's not just the simple Valentine's card like we gave away in school. Now it's all about the goody bag. We stuffed ours with craft supplies, mustache whistles and stickers I ordered from oriental trading company (love that website!), a lollipop and a Valentine card. Wyatt wanted store bought Superheroes ones, but Hadley insisted on making her own. We found a cute design online (what did we do before Google and Pinterest?) and we copied it.  She insisted on doing most of it herself. When I told her I needed to glue the eyes, she said "It's not too hard for me Mommy. I do it all. the. time. at school." and she was right. I handed her the glue and they turned out perfect. Sometimes I micromanage a little too much...

She's both left handed and right handed - depending on which side of the paper she's writing on. 


Hadley's party was a day before Wyatt's so she brought her loot home and we examined it all after lunch. Wyatt was thrilled she shared some treats with him and he did the same the following day when he brought home his party box.

Wyatt told me he'd been asking the girls in his class to be his Valentine that week, but Hadley was his real Valentine. He said "Hadley, you're my Sweet Baboo" (it's a Charlie Brown reference, in case you didn't catch it). Warms my heart. Though they bicker, they sure do have their moments.

Dayven surprised me with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. It's not that he's not romantic. He just knows how practical I am and I prefer flowers with roots attached that live more than a week. I'm glad he ignored my opinions because they were so fragrant and really brightened up the whole kitchen. He also brought three chocolate hearts for his Valentines. We had a low key evening, but went out to dinner Friday night instead. We were trying out a new sitter, who turned out to be great. Looks like date night could become a regular thing again.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Winona said...

Having lilies in a bouquet always make the air smell so good. Seeing the kids at the table doing crafts makes me think of the days when I and the grand kids did crafts every sunday evening while their parents went bowling. It was so much fun and such good memories.Saw Barbara Ann last night at cards and she's lost 50 lbs I think she said.