Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Hadley's first day of school


Hadley had her first day of school today and boy, was she ready! She came downstairs bright and early with her backpack in hand. She was so excited to put on her outfit and insisted on wearing her cowgirl boots, which she got several compliments on. It was only a shortened day and the parents were invited to stay and join their kids. My little miss independent said she didn't need me and wanted to go all by herself, but I convinced her to let me stay. On the way to school, she said "I'm a wittle bit nervous about school". I thought this was so sweet and such a grown up word coming from such a tiny mouth. I asked her what she nervous about thinking maybe she was afraid to be the new kid. She said "I'm nervous about all that painting!" Maybe she meant to say excited because this kid loves crafts and the first thing she asked her teacher was when would it be time to paint. Her teacher reassured her there would be plenty of crafts. She'll be in heaven! She colored a picture for Wyatt because she said she "missed him". She also enjoyed checking out the activities and toys. The teacher walked us through a typical day, she practiced hanging her backpack on her hook and finding her name and hanging it up on the board. She was disappointed there was no circle time today, but next week will be the full school morning. We played on the playground for a bit and then it was time to go. She is going to love school!







I tried to get her picture in front of the classroom door but she was too preoccupied. 
No school for this guy! 
Showing him how to hold the sign instead of eat it. 
Never mind, they're no help!





No comments: