As you can tell by my lack of creativity in titles, my blogging has gone by the wayside. We're in a mad flurry of activities over here getting ready for the big move. Two months from now we'll be heading south. I've been busying contacting doctors to request records, establishing us with new doctors and dentists, getting immunization records, registering the kids for school, making arrangements for our temporary digs and getting rental furniture and utilities set up there, working with the relocation company and coordinating with the movers/packers. Then there's the house. We've been pouring over blueprints of the house, deciding where windows go, looking at color swatches, working with the design center on choices and hardware selections. I really do love this stuff, but it's happening in the midst of so much going on and doing it from afar is hard. Making so many decisions is maddening. By the time I check something off my 'to do' list, three more things have been added.
Here are the highlights of some of the fun things we've been doing lately...
Tate figured out how to roll over! He did it in succession a few times. He hasn't done it since that day, but I know it won't be long before it's a part of his regular repertoire. He continues to be a happy, gurgling, cooing, smiling, bubble blowing guy. The only time he really cries is when he's hungry or if we all go into another room and leave him behind. Otherwise he's happy as a clam!
 |
| Big boy! |
 |
| Watching Wyatt play his Skylander video game. Daddy and Wyatt love to play together after dinner. |
 |
| I left the room and came back to find Hadley having a "sleepover" with Tate. He looked terrified. |
 |
| He loves his sister! |
 |
| His hair has a mind of it's own... |
Finally we're enjoying some spring weather. Dayven was traveling last weekend, but we headed to the park with our neighborhood friends to enjoy the sunshine. The kids had a ball flying kites.
I ran the RunWild Urban Jungle 5K (3.1miles) last weekend. My official time was 26:52. Not my best time ever, but for three months post partum, I'll take it. The first mile was uphill and windy, so not the best conditions, but halfway through the course took us onto the trail with nice break from the wind. It turned out to be a beautiful run and it felt great to be back in the game!

We celebrated Daddy's birthday. The kids insisted on helping decorate his cake, which was fun. They wanted a football theme. I am almost embarrassed to show it to you. It's not really up to my usual standards, but it's hard to concentrate when you've got little arms pulling on you and shouting directions of what to put on it. This theme was all them! Wyatt insisted that Daddy wanted some new Skylander characters for his birthday (sure he does) so that is what he picked out for him. We had burgers on the grill and followed it up with roasting marshmallows on the fire pit. The kids loved the idea, but in the end the marshmallows were too hot and they didn't like the burnt outside so they just ate them raw from the bag because, you know, we didn't get enough sugar from the cake...
 |
| We had more sprinkles on the floor than on the cake! |
 |
| Little finger just couldn't resist! |
 |
| Happy Birthday Daddy! Wyatt was too absorbed in the Skylander guys to pose for a photo. |
I had a wonderful Mother's Day with my family. Dayven's birthday was the day before so I let him sleep in on his birthday (sleeping in is 8am at our house, by the way). On Mother's Day he let me sleep in while he got up with the kids. We went to brunch at our favorite spot in Edmonton and enjoyed a nice meal on the patio with gorgeous weather. The kids were so well behaved. They are finally at a great age to have a nice meal out. We're enjoying the window while it lasts. Once Tate is mobile we won't be eating out again as a family for a while!
I have enjoyed a few girls' nights lately. Dayven is great about letting me go and takes care of putting the kids to bed so I can enjoy a night with friends. I am going to miss the girls so much when we move. It's fun to be able to enjoy this time while we can.
 |
| Wine bar downtown Edmonton... |
Just a few more fun shots of the kiddos...
 |
| Our little "centerpiece" has a front row view of all family meals! |
 |
| Father Mahesh visited Wyatt's class. His teacher sent this photo. He raised his hand because he
had something important to tell Father. He said "My mom loves to go on
the computer!" What? Apparently we need to have a discussion about how some things are better left unsaid! |
 |
| The nightly routine...a game of Skylander after dinner! |
 |
| Just lounging... He's happy when we prop him up so he can see the action. |
 |
| Hadley having a playdate with a friend. She is quite bossy and dictates what they will play. This is the "Teddy Bear Picnic"! |
1 comment:
I can't imagine just how busy you must be. But on your list of things to do write BLOG too.Today is the first time I've got to baby sit for Brendan. The whole family went to the mts. ATVing. They were really looking forward to it. I fixed breakfast for all of them before they went. We had blueberry pancakes, ham, eggs,coffee. They all seemed to enjoy it.
Post a Comment