Friday, May 11, 2012

Mother's Day SPArty!

This week was the Mother's Day Tea Party at Wyatt's school. The party had a spa theme, which was so sweet and silly. The kids sang a song ("Each of us is a Flower", one of my favorites) and Wyatt stood next to his "girlfriend" Charlee. 
Once the singing was done we rotated through the spa stations.  We started at the nail salon where Wyatt painted my nails. Yes, you read that right! He selected a nice green color and went to town. It looked like Shrek threw up on my hands, but he was so proud of his handiwork, I could only show the utmost enthusiasm. He liked the color so much ("Just like the Incredible Hulk, Mommy!") that he decided to paint his own nails as well. He was so happy that we matched, I just couldn't bear to take it off. I'm actually still wearing it but I'll probably take it off this weekend. Next came the massage station. Wyatt laid down on the mat and said "Ok, I'm ready!" I informed him that he is supposed to give me a massage. He rolled the massage tool around for approximately 20 seconds before announcing "my turn!" I noticed a couple of other moms massaging their kids too. That's probably more like real life anyway, right? We finished with a nice brown sugar and coconut oil scrub, which Wyatt loved. Our hands were nice and soft and smelling great!

We had carrot cake and iced tea and the kids each presented their moms with a special vase they had painted with a flower in it, a flower they grew in the classroom and a handmade card. They also answered some interview questions about their mom (Apparently the best thing I cook is macaroni and cheese and to relax I like to play Star Wars. Who knew?)  It was a really sweet day and I'm glad I got this special time with Wyatt. Hadley had a special morning too. Our babysitter came to watch Tate and Dayven stayed home from work to take Hadley to her playschool. She loved taking Daddy to school and doing crafts with him. It was a really special day with our kids!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Winona said...

What a fun day. Enjoyed hearing about it. That is a new one for me though. I loved the way you spelled SPArty. You are so smart!! I hope Dayven has a Happy Birthday tomorrow. Our son/wife are taking us out for our 58th Anniversary plus Mother's day. both rolled into one!! I'll see Barb next Tues. as she has pinochle at her house. I'm taking aspargus casserole. Happy Mother's day.