Oh, the things these kids say. Someone makes me laugh daily with some crazy observation about life. I really should keep a notebook (I guess that's this blog?) or figure out a way to record this silly utterings. I wish I could capture them on camera but I never seem to be recording when they come out.
Hadley is obsessed with watching me change Tate's diaper and whether or not he has pooped. She'll ask "Can I see da yellow poop, Mom?" Sure, why not. Then of course, this sparks a big discussion on poop, what color it is and other body parts. Yesterday she told me "Mommy, I checked last night in da tub. I have a tiny willy". I wasn't even sure what to say about that. I figured it's time to start reinforcing the correct anatomical names for our body parts so I told her girls have a vagina. She didn't miss a beat. "Wagina?? ohhhhhh, I WUV waginas!!" um, ok... I'm not even sure we were still talking about the same thing, but how could you not smile at that?
The other day Dayven was getting out the shower just as Hadley walked into the bathroom. She pointed at him and exclaimed "Wook at dat big willy! hahahahaha" in her tiny little voice followed by her delicious little giggle. Dayven quickly grabbed a towel and decided maybe it's time to demonstrate a little more modesty. Oh Hadley, where do you come up with these things? We are still laughing about it days later.
She was still talking about it the next morning. Dayven told her it's not very ladylike to talk about willies, certainly not at the breakfast table. He told me jokingly he's a little concerned that his daughter is so obsessed with willies. I told him not to worry, it's just a part of kids' natural curiousity. I guess I need to read a parenting article on the proper way to treat the subject.

1 comment:
Thanks for the good laugh! Oh our house is filled with so many questions about the private parts, eachothers, mommies and daddies....it is so funny at times. It's interesting Hadley is obsessed with Tates poop because Charles is with Zoe's as well. Even to this day he has to see it when I am changing her diaper. Maybe it has something to do with the middle kids!?
Post a Comment