Wednesday, January 11, 2012

It's almost time...























I figured I'd post an update and some pics since I'm in my final week (finally!).  I'm past the point of flattering photos, but it is what it is. I swear my stomach was this big with my other two as well - not a single stretch mark and it does go back to what it was (thank you mom for good skin genes). I'm getting a lot of comments (from friends and total strangers) on how huge I am. I'm trying not to take it too personal.

I'm starting to have some mild anxiety remembering all of the unpleasantries that go along with a c-section. Because of the shape of my pelvis, a natural birth is just not in the cards for me. My appointment today revealed the baby is still riding high. That explains the indigestion and trouble breathing I'm having. It was the case with my last two as well. My babies are so cozy they just don't want to come out!
I personally like this photo because it's like Wyatt is in a trance - hypnotized by the belly.
I don't mean to complain, but I've definitely reached that stage of being seriously uncomfortable. There's the previously mentioned indigestion and shortness of breath. I'm terribly congested and have trouble breathing when I lie flat at night. I'm also having a lot of Braxton hicks contractions, some round ligament pain and cramping and my sciatic occasionally flares up. How's that for not complaining!? It's hard work carrying around this much extra weight. As my mom pointed out, it's almost like having Wyatt strapped to my belly all day long. Everything is just starting to ache. I'm sleeping so poorly (and so is Dayven due to my tossing and turning) that I'm not even dreading the sleepless nights that I know are coming. Bring it on. It's time to get this show on the road. But I also know that all the discomfort will soon be worth it when we get to meet our new little guy. We'll meet him in less than a week!

I went for my massage at a local pregnancy spa, hoping to alleviate some of the discomfort I'm feeling. It worked temporarily. I went home and decided to ride out the relaxation vibe. I did something I never do. I got a mug and packed it full of ice cream, within an inch of its life (ok, so I always do that) but then I took the ice cream up to my room and ate it in bed. Decadent! I didn't even take the mug back to the kitchen to put it in the dishwasher. I just swirled some water in it and left the evidence on the bathroom counter. I'm over 8 1/2 months pregnant. I dare you to say something.

Dayven helped me clean out and organize the baby/kid gear storage closet. I assessed, dusted off and washed all the fabric parts of items we'll be using soon. We have managed to accumulate an insane amount of kid gear over the years, which Dayven kept commenting on.  It will be nice to eventually clean it all out and get rid of it once we're done with it. I can't believe we're going back to the baby phase. It seems like so long ago, even though it was only two years. I can barely remember Hadley at this age, let alone Wyatt.

I think even the kids are getting excited. We've got a picture of a baby (someone random I found on Google image) on our calendar to mark the little guys' arrival. The kids have been talking about him and Hadley has even asked if the baby can come out NOW. She asks to see him and lifts up my shirt, then she asks "But, where is he? I can't see him!" I tell her he's actually inside my belly. It's pretty wild for me to even think about. Of course they're confused.

We're pretty sure we've got his name picked out too. We narrowed the short list from 5 names to two. We're a little divided with Dayven liking one better and me the other, but I don't really have a strong feeling either way so I'll probably just go with his pick. The kids are divided too. Wyatt says "I'm going to name my baby ----- and Hadley is going to name hers ------." I keep telling them it's the same baby, so we have to pick just one name. We're keeping a girl name on standby too, just in case the sonogram tech was wrong. No, I'm not telling. You'll find out soon enough!

The baby continues to be really active. I can't imagine how he is finding room to move around, but I often look down and the whole shape of my stomach is lopsided or distorted, or there's a large bump of an elbow or knee or something sticking out. I wonder if I'll remember what that feels like later and if it will be my last time feeling it. I remember thinking the same thing in the last few weeks of being pregnant with Hadley too. Part of me is miserable and wanting to just be done already, but another part is savoring the feeling of the baby moving around and thinking of what a miracle it really is.

Sunday I'll go in to the hospital for my pre-op work and Monday morning will be my c-section. I always take before and after shots of myself and my enormous belly. I put on a bikini when I'm about 6 or 7 weeks pregnant and not showing at all, then I put on the SAME bikini (Dayven jokes that the seams are "hummin") the night before that baby is born. I do a front, side and back profile. It's quite shocking. No these pictures will NOT make the blog, but someday I will show my kids.

My parents arrive tomorrow afternoon and we're quite excited to see them. Both kids have terrible colds, with coughing and congestion. Last night was rough - I spent a good portion of it going room to room to console, offer water and wipe noses. I'm looking forward to some extra help during the day from my mom. Stay tuned for the announcement next week...

4 comments:

ebbandflow said...

I took a photo when I was at your stage and I labelled it Planet Tummy! I was that big!!

Veronica Newhouse said...

Thinking of you! Enjoy some time relaxing with you mom around this weekend and look forward to hearing the news next week.

Winona said...

Its going to be a nice big boy. Can't wait for the name?? Wishing you the best of luck with this coming Monday. So glad your prents can be there and help out. I know they love it.

Mizerany Family said...

It was wonderful catching up with you Chels. I miss you terribly and wish I was closer to help you out too. Glad your folks will be there to assist. Can't wait to see pics of this new one tomorrow!! I know it will all go perfectly for you! Love you...Julie