Monday, October 24, 2011

Baby Bump Update



27 weeks. That's official how far along I am. Just 11weeks to go. Maybe only 10 if I'm lucky. My doctor will do my c-section at least a week or two before my actual due date. I guess I shouldn't be in too much of a rush. I'm always anxious to get my body back at the end, but not looking forward to those sleep-deprived nights that I know are in my future...

Overall, I'm feeling pretty good. I was exhausted and nauseated a lot during the first trimester, but it seemed to pass mostly once I crossed into the second trimester. I occasionally feel a little queasy but for the most part I feel OK. I'm well on my way to another hefty weight gain this pregnancy. People keep telling me I'm "all belly" but I know I'm bigger everywhere. I seem to gain quite a bit with all my pregnancies, but I always get it all off, it just takes a little while. I'm sure this time will be no different. I have to make time (and energy) for the gym to return to my full level of fitness, but it's something that's really important to me so I know I'll do it. 

Also, we found out it's a BOY! I would have sworn that it was a girl, but I was wrong. You could have knocked me over with a feather when the sonogram tech told me it is a boy. I really didn't believe her. She said she wasn't positive, but thought she saw something indicating boy. She tried to look again but the baby had crossed (his?) legs and rolled over so she couldn't get a second peek. She told me "Well, don't decorate the nursery yet!". We have all gender neutral baby decor anyway since Wyatt was a surprise so that didn't really trip us up. Now that the news of boy has sunken in, I'm pretty sure it's a boy and I'm excited. We've been playing the name game but nothing definitive yet. We have a few choices narrowed down, but we won't be revealing anything until he's born!

The baby is VERY active. I feel this kid constantly moving in my belly. I don't remember anyone else moving this much, but Dayven swears I said this when I was pregnant with Hadley too. She was always quite active after my nightly bowl of ice cream, which may be why she loves sweets so much.  Wyatt had continual hiccups my entire pregnancy. I clearly remember him hiccuping away in there all the time, so it was really no surprise later when he was born and we found out he had acid reflux.

This baby moves so much, it's hard for my OB to even measure the heartrate with her doppler. Just when she gets it into position, he kicks it away or rolls over. The sonogram tech was also having a hard time getting all the measurements because he was moving so much. We almost had to schedule another sonogram, but she was able to finally get some cooperation from the baby. I hope that doesn't mean we have a wild one on our hands!

I went through a brief nesting phase where I ferociously cleaned my pantry, spice cupboard and closets - tossing, organizing and labeling everything. My afternoon slump has returned and by 2pm I can barely keep my eyes open. My iron level is being tested this week. I'm thinking I'm must be anemic or at least border line based on how exhausted I am. I'm counting on another burst of energy to get the next round of things done. I'm so stinkin' tired it's taken me 4 days just to write this blog post!

We've decided to move Hadley into the guest room and put the baby in her room.  All the "baby" furniture is already in there anyway and fits well. The walls are yellow so it will be neutral enough. We ordered Hadley's big girl bed and it should be in soon, then I'll get to work on making the room fun and girly for her. I ordered a darling bedding set that my mom will be bringing with her when she comes up. We're going to move her over in plenty of time before the baby comes so she can get used to her new room and not feel like she's getting the boot.

I pulled out the Rubbermaid tubs of the kids clothes to check out what I still had in there from Wyatt.  I was disappointed when I remembered I had actually gotten rid of a lot. I think after Hadley was born, I figured we were done and started weeding out. I still kept most of my favorites, which I'm excited to get back out. We don't have as much in the way of 0-12 month clothes since we were in Nashville and it was so darn hot. Wyatt lived in onesies the first year of his life. That's ok, it's always fun to shop for a few new things anyway. They're basically the opposite season anyway since Wyatt was born in August so we wouldn't have gotten much use of the newborn clothes anyway.

We have all the other necessary gear so there isn't really anything we need to get.  I realized my baby pumpkin car seat is going to expire next spring! Did you know they're only good for 6 years after the date of manufacture? I am debating using it anyway since it hasn't been used that much and has been stored in our finished basement (not subject to ambient temperatures). A girlfriend has offered to loan me hers, which is newer, so I may take her up on it. I haven't decided yet.

I'm sure these next couple of months will fly by and the baby will be here before we know it. Once the bedrooms are all set up, I'm sure it will sink in a little more. I can't imagine how crazy life is going to be with three!

4 comments:

Winona said...

Don't worry about 3, you'll make it okay. You are such a good mommy. Even having Wyatt in school for a few hours will help.

Mizerany Family said...

yeah! so excited for y'all! Can't wait to hear little man's name....

Marianne said...

So cute to read this & hear the scoop.
I miss walking the track with you & hanging out!
Take care & have fun trick or treating this year.
Shaelyn & Brayden are sad that we won't be going out for candy with you guys this time. But who knows, maybe we will be close enough to do that in the future.

Marta said...

Love seeing pics of the baby bump! And don't worry..sit back and enjoy that bowl of icecream and all those yummy cookies you make...because believe me it'll all come off eventually when you have to chase around 3 kids!!!