Tuesday, March 09, 2010

The REAL big boy bed...

We decided it was time for Wyatt to get used to sleeping in a real big boy bed, since he'll be sleeping in one at my parent's house during our spring break trip to Florida. When we first set it up, his mattress was so high, he looked like the Princess and the Pea perched on top. We stored the box spring and are using only the mattress for now. That way, if he falls, he won't have as far to fall. That's responsible parenting, right? I already bought the bedding ages ago at Pottery Barn Kids when we lived in Nashville so setting it all up was a piece of cake. He adjusted surprisingly well. He was thrilled with his new race car and dinosaur sheets and thought the big boy bed was the coolest thing. He climbed right up with a huge smile on his face. We crept in to check on him later that night and he was rolled up in a ball at the foot of the bed.

With the box spring, it's too tall - he needs a stool to climb up!

Hadley got his old castoff since it is nicer than her current bed. We converted it back into a crib and she slept snug as a bug.



Speaking of Hadley, she's on the move! I discovered this by accident actually. I put her the floor and sprinkled some toys around her so I could do some laundry. When I came back, she was GONE! I frantically started running around the house and yelled at Wyatt to help me look for her. I found her wedged between the speaker and the entertainment center. She's been pushing up on all fours and rocking back and forth for a while, but never seemed to get anywhere. Now she's grunting and puffing, dragging herself military-style across the carpet. Regular crawling seems easier to me, but I guess she'll figure that out in her own time. The more interesting the destination, the harder she'll work to get there. Although she doesn't move at the speed of light, she's gaining speed and confidence every day. I guess it's time to put the baby gates back up...

1 comment:

Winona said...

Hadley's room looks so inviting. The window seat is nice. We are having a touch of spring, early bulbs are blooming. Now we have to turn the clock forward. I hate that.