WARNING: If you have a weak stomach, just skip over this post!
A nasty stomach bug swept through our house over the past week. Thankfully, the age of the victim seems to be directly proportional to the severity of the bug - the younger, the milder. It started last Tuesday. I was holding Hadley and crouched down low as Wyatt showed me something. With barely a hiccup of a warning, she just started spewing in all directions, covering herself, me, Wyatt and the thing he was showing me. Before I had kids, I thought people were exaggerating when they said "projectile vomiting". Now I know the truth firsthand. She had a couple of grumpy days and mild diarrhea, but that was the extent of it. Friday, Wyatt threw up a couple of times and was just generally out of sorts. By Saturday, I had the chills and was achy. I decided to go to bed early and was barely in bed 30 minutes before racing to the toilet. I'll spare you the gory details, but let's just say this is the only time I've been thankful that our bathroom floor is carpeted since that is where I slept on Saturday night. Sunday, the party continued. I spent most of the day in bed while Dayven took care of the kids. Wyatt still had intestinal issues, with multiple liquid poo-splosions (not once did he actually make it to the bathroom). Yes, he "sharted" (I'll let you figure that one out). Poor guy. He was so upset each time it happened. I felt horrible lying in bed, while I could hear Dayven's frustrated comments over cleaning up ANOTHER mess. We started to figure out there was a slight warning that something was brewing when Wyatt started whimpering "I'm ok......oh....my stomach hurts.....oh.....I'm ok, I'm ok........" so Dayven at least got him to the bathroom a couple of times. I was so weak and dizzy, it took every bit of strength just to stumble out of bed and ask if everyone was ok. Not that I could really help anyway. Thank goodness for daddies. I don't know what I would have done if Dayven had been traveling when this happened. I don't think you can pay a babysitter enough money to willingly bring herself into a situation like this. I think the clouds are parting today and we're on the mend. Wyatt asked for eggs and bacon for breakfast, but I'm serving the BRAT (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) diet. I have managed to hold down water and even a little oatmeal. The upside is my jeans are fitting a little looser! Dayven is the only family member who is left unscathed. Let's hope he's not next...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Would not wish that kind of week on even your worse enemy. Hope Dayven didn't get it.
Post a Comment