Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Wait, don't we have another kid?

It's true what they say about the second kid being easier. Hadley is easier than I ever could have imagined. She's so good, in fact, that I sometimes forget about her. She is the most smiley, chill little girl. She's happy to just sit and observe the world and especially loves watching her big brother. She rarely cries at all. It's more like she's just talking to tell us what she wants.

"roaw.....Roaw.......ROAAAWW!"
Translation: It's been 2 hours, 17 minutes since I've last eaten. I'm famished! Someone please feed me or I'll be forced to gnaw off my arm.

"Wa! WAA.....wa...........wa."
Translation: Hello!? I'm still in here. No, in here...the swing. Did you forget? (um, yes, we did)

"heh. heh. heh."
Translataion: Please pick me up now. I'm done playing/lying/sleeping.

It's possible that my relaxed state adds to her overall easy disposition. With Wyatt, we had a detailed excel spreadsheet I printed off with columns for pee and poo and when he last ate. Seriously. Is that nuts or what? There were some concerns about his weight gain (we later figured out it was due to reflux) and every time I went to the doctor, they asked how many wet/dirty diapers for the day. I was so exhausted, how was I supposed to remember that stuff? I had to write it down to keep track, which is how the insane spreadsheet started. We began diligently marking his pees and poos and we'd occasionally mark "WF" for Wet Fart (we found this hilarious at the time). Yes, it's immature, but we always got a chuckle when one of us picked up the sheet and realized the other had written WF. I endlessly googled things and hit Dayven with a barrage of questions when he got home from work - Does this seem normal? Did you notice that rash? Do you think we should be concerned about ____ (whatever)? Happily, those days are behind us now. He eats like a horse, is the perfect size and he's happy and healthy. I promised myself I wouldn't be as neurotic with the second kid. I have never written anything down at all with Hadley. No pees. No poos. No WFs. I'm not going to obsess about milestones. I haven't googled anything or looked at any milestone books. I'm happy to report that I have no clue what she's supposed to be doing at this age. She's happy and healthy and that's all that matters. We are simply enjoying our sweet little girl!




















4 comments:

Marta said...

OMG..that one picture of her smiling while Dayven is holding her up is so adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

WHAT GREAT LOOKING KIDS, HAPPY & HEALTHY!!! THERE IS NOTHING BETTER THAN THAT. Deb A

Mizerany Family said...

I love the photos and can't wait to meet that angel! She is just adorable and I am so happy that she is an easy baby!

Winona said...

Well, we have all the snow this time, even before Halloween. It snowed for 2 days straight. Loved the picture of Hadley smiling. How much does she weigh now??She is so sweet. They both look entirely different.