We're back from our trip to Cedar Key. As always, we had a fabulous time relaxing and doing absolutely nothing. I took a much needed break from both email and blogging. After all, that's really what Cedar Key is about -
disconnecting from the rest of the world. Jimmy Buffet even sang about Cedar Key in his song "Incommunicado".Wyatt and I had a few days before Dayven arrived to hang out. We went shopping in Gainesville with my mom to hit our favorite stores.
I joined my mom and her girlfriends for their monthly Girl's Night Out for dinner and drinks. Dayven arrived the following weekend and already had his whole vacation mapped out. We always have our little rituals while we're in town. Every morning,
we drove the golf cart up to the coffee shop for a latte. By the third day, the lady was asking "the usual?" when we walked in, so we really felt like locals. We took nice long walks every day, went swimming, read, rode bikes, ate some great seafood, and just enjoyed spending time with
my family. We rented a wagon so Wyatt would have some wheels while in town. The rest of the time, we travelled by golf cart, bike or foot. There's no need for a car on the island!Dayven and I rented kayaks one day and paddled around the
entire island. It took almost three hours and was a bit harder than we'd anticipated since we were fighting both wind and tide the majority of the trip, but it was still fun.Midway through the trip, some of my aunts, uncles, cousins
and their kids all rolled into town for a mini family reunion. It's been a while since we've all been together and we laughed a lot and had a great time catching up. The boys chartered two boats to take them fishing one day. They had a ball and caught enough speckled trout for our cookout that night. Dayven and I took advantage of having a babysitter and enjoyed a couple of dinners out and even went out to listen to some live music.It feels like I've been away a lot longer than 2 1/2 weeks and now I'm trying to settle back into our routine. We came home to an explosion of color - all the trees and flowers are blooming and our weather is finally warming up. Let summer begin!

No comments:
Post a Comment