Thursday, November 23, 2006

Turkey Tales

Another Thanksgiving spent overindulging and then digesting on the sofa. We had a nice little 8lb Butterball which was perfect for the two of us - just enough for dinner and sandwiches for a couple of days. Last year we made the mistake of waiting until the day before to buy our turkey so we had to take what the store had available and ended up with this monstrous turkey. With just the two of us eating it, we ended up with heaps of left overs, and I’m not a huge turkey fan to begin with. Turkey tetrazini, turkey pot pie, turkey ala king….we were so sick of turkey by the time it was all gone. Since I’ve sworn off dairy I had to get a little creative with the menu this year. We had mashed potatoes with vegan butter and tofutti instead of sour cream and cornbread stuffing made with rice dream instead of milk. Actually, everything turned out great and if I didn’t tell you, you would never know the difference.

No comments: