Monday, November 06, 2006
Shots – not the kind you do with a wedge of lime
This year I have really become quite friendly with the medical system. I have been incredibly grateful for our insurance and we have certainly gotten our money’s worth with all the mishaps and goings on in this household. However, I was surprised to discover when Wyatt came due for his 2 month shots, our insurance company doesn’t cover children’s immunizations. His pediatrician offers the shots, but they would set us back 300 big ones. Williamson County Health Department, however, offers the same set of shots for $40. Seemed like a no brainer to me. So, I packed up the kid this morning and we headed off. Wow, let me tell you, going to the Health Department is like a trip to the DMV. I have never really understood this. Don’t normal people have to get a driver license? Anyway, we booked the first appointment of the day and were assured we would not be kept waiting long. After 45 minutes in a waiting room filled with snot-nosed kids and hacking old ladies, I was wishing I had just spent the $300. Actually, it wasn't that bad. Once we got in, it did go rather quickly – a couple of pricks and a few blood-curdling screams and it was all over. The kid does have some pipes on him though. I'm pretty sure they heard him screaming in Alabama. Needless to say, we are back home and after a dropper of cherry Tylenol, he is sleeping like an angel….for now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment