Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Leavin' on a jet plane

We've been doing laundry, packing and getting ready for our trip to Colorado this week. We're heading down to visit Grammy Karen and Dayven is meeting up with us there since he's already in the states on business. We've been having an very mild summer, so we're looking forward to some hot weather in Denver. We try not to let the cooler weather stop us from enjoying the outdoors. We eat as many meals outside as possible (provided it's not raining) and play outside every day. The thick-blooded Canadians complain if the temps rise above 28 degrees C (~83 degrees F), but this Florida girl prefers to sweat a little in the summer. Denver is expecting temps in the 90's while we're there and I can't wait!

Wyatt got his haircut this morning so he'd look all spiffy for the trip. True to form, he sobbed the entire time and thrashed around in the chair like a banshee. I tried my best to restrain him while the stylist hastily trimmed and buzzed away. Luckily she's quick - she finished in 3 minutes flat! She said Wyatt is actually one of her "better" clients. She has been bitten twice, kicked, punched and even spit on. I don't know what they're paying her, but I'm sure it's not nearly enough. She gave Wyatt a sticker for being so good, which he ate in the car on the way home.

I've had a bit of a scratchy throat the past few days so I'm waiting to see if it develops into anything. Who gets a cold in the middle of Summer? I really hope I'm not getting sick before our trip. My animated storytelling could be a contributing factor to my sore throat. I feel I owe it to my audience to make my sound effects as realistic as possible when telling a story. Wyatt loves books and some days it feels like we read a thousand. I act out each story with as much enthusiasm as I can muster. Vrrrooommmm....BEEP BEEP....wrrrr...shumlpk! chuga, chuga, chuga, chuga....wooooo...woooooooo.....

No comments: